TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN NIGERIA
Hmmm… Is it just me or does Friday Feelings always come different, Maybe the thought of weekend always makes it stand out trust me the feeling is everything, Its a beautiful Friday morning and guess what today promises to be an interesting so why don’t just get yourself a cold glass of Juice and enjoy the ride with me and remember my name remains *Monica*
Like I said earlier today’s topic is an interesting one. As a Nigerian I know the country might not be in right place we all want it to be but still, in every situation we always find joy and laughter in it, that’s why we are happy people.
Nigeria is an African country on the gulf of guinea which has many natural landmarks and wildlife reserves and trusts me when I Say Nigeria is one country that leaves every tourist visitor breathing hard with suspense and excitement. Which brings me to today’s write up:
*TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN NIGERIA*
First and foremost what is *TOURISM *: is the activities of people traveling to and staying in places outside their usual environment for leisure, business or other purposes for not more than 1year.
Now lets come to our very own country I imagine some person doesn’t actually know that Nigeria also has breathtaking Tourist sites in different parts of the country.
Tourist attractions have the ability to attract worldwide attention which transcends from not only setting up a physical edifice but also embodies structures or places of natural and
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN NIGERIA*
1. *OLUMO ROCK (ONDO STATE) *: Any visit to the city of Abeokuta would be incomplete without stopping by at the “fortress of Abeokuta” olumo rock. Abeokuta itself means “under the rock” has been choice tourist attractions in Nigeria, here you would be treated to sights like natural tunnels, unusual trees, broken pathways, gardens on the rock and natural cantilevers… This site is sure you don’t wanna miss it.
2. *YANKARI GAME RESERVE (BAUCHI STATE) *: in the Northern Eastern part of the country get ready to experience the country’s biggest wildlife retreat. At the reserve you will be captivated by the activities going on there, you will find different varieties of animal species including the olive baboon, patas monkey, roan antelope, western hartebeest living in their natural habitats. And the height of this place is the Wikki Warm Spring trust that your visit here is not complete if you don’t experience the warmth of the spring.
3. *LEKKI CONSERVATION CENTER (LAGOS STATE) *: Lagos state has one of the best nature reserves in Nigeria, this conservation and relaxation center offers a breath of fresh air and an escape from the forever buzzing city of Lagos. It is run and managed by the Nigerian Conservative Foundation (NCF) which embodies the preservation of the unique biodiversity, scenic, natural, scientific recreational values of the coastal environs. This is definitely a place to be.
4. *ZUMA ROCK (ABUJA) *: This Rock ranks as one of the choices tourist attraction in our this country. This monolithic inselberg with a human face is located in Madalla, Niger state to the north of Abuja, it was once described as the unquestionable watchman of the F.C.T. Visiting Zuma Rock between April and October which marks the rainy season in central Nigeria where the rock is situated would afford you the opportunity of seeing the much talked fire , as the apex of the Zuma Rock catches fire under heavy rainfall, this is one of the wonders of the Zuma Rock.
5. *AGODI GARDENS (OYO STATE) *: This is a beautiful park in the city of Ibadan which has risen to become one of the top tourist attractions in the country. The site is a serene environment on 150 acres of land. Its a peaceful and calm environment which makes it a perfect destination for you to take a break from the hassle and reevaluate life values or hang out with family and friends. Trust this place is sure to make you forget about reality.
6. *KAJURU CASTLE (KADUNA STATE) *: is a luxury Medieval- German style villa, built over 3 decades ago located in Kaduna state, Nigeria. The bedroom is modeled after dungeons and several towers with crenelated walls. The medieval theme is seen throughout the castle, it even has a portcullis with a crocodile pit. There is an outdoor swimming pool for cooling off on hot days and a barbeque spot right by the pool and from most of the castle windows you will enjoy a fascinating view of the surrounding mountains, inselbergs, and the Castle has its own Sauna
7. *OBUDU CATTLE RANCH (CROSS RIVER STATE) *: Obudu Mountain Resort is one of the beautiful and pleasant tourist center destinations in Nigeria, located close to the Cameroon Border in the Northeastern part of Cross Rivers State. It has an attractive landscape and calming ambiance with clouds smiling down on its peaks and valleys. It offers tourists a good blend of warm and cold temperature as it has a very temperate weather. Although this resort is open to visitors throughout the year but the period between October and February is the best time to visit, as it is the time when the sky is very bright and the air is frosty.
8. *NEW AFRIKA SHRINE (LAGOS STATE) *: Are you thinking of taking your nightlife escapade to the next level? Then think Fela Shrine a.k.a The New Afrika Shrine, from the genre of Music to the inspirational storytelling lyrics, not forgetting the sacrosanct palm wine. It serves as the host location of the annual Felabration music festival. For wholesome tourism in Nigeria visit the Fela Shrine.
9. *OSUN SACRED GROVE (OSUN STATE) *: Known as one of the UNESCO world heritage sites. This sacred forest attracts a large number of tourists as it is definitely worth visiting as is reputed to the rank high list of tourist attractions in Nigeria. Yoruba people believe that Osun’s sacred grove which spans about 75hecters of land is home to Osun – the goddess of fertility. A festival that celebrates
this fertility goddess takes place every year in Oshogbo.
This I hope u find interesting and start packing your bags for a fun-filled and fulfilled tourism adventure.
Do drop your comments and questions below as I look forward to reading and answering them. Do have a wonderful day ahead.