Choosing a life partner is the biggest decision you will make outside of choosing the God you serve. Desire may be illustrated by a young person who tells you they can’t live without you, that they are miserable, and that life seems colorless and empty when you are not around. That may be a form of love, but it’s not the sort of love that will hold a marriage together through the years. While they may feel they “need” you today, it’s possible that five months from now you will no longer meet their “need”, and they will find that they *need* someone else. What I want you to know is that Love is based on *Commitment* and that everything you do is to Fulfil, Satisfy and Serve the one you love. Real love doesn’t enter a relationship with an expectation to just receive. It enters a relationship to give, take and give.
Alright then here are a few things to help, My name is *Monica, da trophy wife* Enjoy…
*THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A LIFE PARTNER*
1. CHOOSE SOMEONE WHO RESPECTS: It is difficult to lead your life someone who disrespects you, your personality or downplays your ambitions in life. When choosing a life partner to be sure to select someone who will respect all aspects of your life. Mutual respect is one of the defining traits of a life partner.
2. SHARED VALUES: Having shared values reinforces the *foundation of your relationship*, Simple things like the number of children you want or living within your means create a conducive environment for your relationship to thrive.
3. WILLINGNESS TO INVEST IN THE RELATIONSHIP: A relationship is a two – way street, Each party must be determined to make the relationship work. When choosing the right partner for marriage lookout for someone who allocates time to you and demonstrates concern for your needs.
4. CHOOSE AN HONEST LIFE PARTNER: If a relationship is not enshrined in a culture of honesty and trust, it will definitely fail. To build a culture of honesty and trust in your relationship, choose a life partner who does not refrain from open and genuine communication it is important.
5. CONSIDER A LIFE PARTNER KEEN ON YOUR LIFE: A person willing to be in a long – term relationship with you will show genuine support for your ambition and goals in life. Your potential life partner should be supportive of your plans to advance your career or pursue a worthy course.
6. ABILITY TO COPE WITH YOUR FAMILY: Your family will always be a key support system in your life forever. They can tell if your prospective life partner is suitable or unsuitable for you at least to some extent. If he/she cannot cope with your family members, you might be choosing a life partner who is not right for you cause over the years in the marriage issues will definitely come rising especially in the family involving your partner.
7. NATURE GREAT FRIENDSHIPS FIRST: Having a network of true friends provide perspective as you prepare for a relationship. Great friendships provide a basis for what love ought to be. They demonstrate love should be purely based on choice as opposed to any need.
8. ANGER MANAGEMENT SKILL: A relationship involves two people with Unique personality. At times, you might have ugly arguments in which negative emotions are high, you might say hurtful words to each other, How your potential life partner reacts to anger reveals a lot about future reactions. If your potential life partner cannot handle anger well, the situation can get out of control when you get married.
9. ABILITY TO FORGIVE AND FORGET: Love does not always revolve around sex, kissing and other intimate stuff. Arguments are deemed to occur in one way or another, so be keen to get a life partner who does not keep dwelling on disagreements that happened in the past. Although Forgiving can happen easily but forgetting sometimes seem impossible but at least he/she shouldn’t be so quick to Remember and refer to the past.
10. ASSESS THE INTELLECTUAL LEVEL OF YOUR PARTNER: If as a person you are a high achiever and aggressive in pursuing your dreams, consider a person with the same attributes. Choosing a laid back person could cause problems in your relationship. Both of you must view things and reason almost from the same standpoint.
As pleasant as it may sound it can be very confusing to choose a life partner, you need to be sure of what you want as a person. Ask yourself *Am I Ready* and if you can answer Yes to that question *Confidently* without any persuasion, then you need to know if the person you have in mind has this quality, then there is no reason to waste time. Build your life with that person cause finding the right person is essential for a happy and healthy *Marriage*.
Do drop your observation, suggestion, and question in the comment section below. Thanks for reading.