I came across a trend on social media on how to DIY Ceramics vase with paint and baking soda… ? I told myself I gotta joined them because some of the vases I saw were so beautiful and neatly made.
For this project, you will need white paint. I think most white wall paint would work, so long as it is acrylic and water-based. The ratio is basically 1 tablespoon of baking soda per 250ml of paint (a cup), so if you have more paint you should adjust the amount of baking powder accordingly.
For the brush you will have to select it yourself for this project, if you are using a foam brush it will give you a less textured feel, but if you use a bristle painting brush it will give you a more organic feel. Personally, I think if you want more texture for your vase, I will suggest you go with the bristle painting brush.
• 250ml of paint (around one cup)
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• small container
• a spoon or small stick for mixing
• a thrifted vase
• brush (foam or one with bristles)
1. Put your paint into the small container and add in your baking soda.
2. Use your spoon, thin stick, or brush to mix up the paint, mixing well until the baking soda is all mixed in.
Everything DollarFree Shipping to your Local Store
3. You should see some bubbles start to form and a mousse texture becomes apparent.Hand Soaps & Sanitizers at Dollar Tree!
4. Prep your vase by washing it then wiping it clean.3-Ply Thermosealed Disposable Face Masks
5. Take your brush and do the first coat on your vase with the paint. This will go on quite watery and transparent but don’t worry.Everything always $1 – Shop Now
6. Let your vase dry for half an hour or so (until it’s touch dry) then do another coat. Continue this until you think it is thick enough. I did 3 or 4 coats. For darker or patterned vases you will need to do more coats.
7. Finally, let this dry overnight and harden completely. I noticed it took a bit longer to dry than the previous terracotta version.
8. Then place it anywhere you want in your house… I think I make too many because I was so hyped to create one lol…
Thank you for reading… I got all materials from. Dollar Tree