There’s an old saying that you have the skin you were born within your 20s and the skin you deserve in your 30s,40s, and 50s.
Getting brighter skin and more beautiful skin is surprisingly about making healthier choices than making cosmetic purchases.
Here are some healthy choices you can adopt for a more beautiful skin and reduce wrinkles.
1. Sleep on your back: Sleeping in certain positions at night after night leads to “sleep lines”- wrinkles that become etched into the top layers of skin and don’t fade once you’re up. To cut down on new wrinkles, sleep on your back.
2. Eat more cold-water fishes: Sardines, Tuna, Salmon and mackerel are examples of cold water fishes; they’re great in protein, one of the building blocks of great skin. I prefer salmon because it tastes better than the rest in my opinion.
3. Use water-based makeup: Tarte foundation is a Water-based makeup that can’t clog your pores and is easy to remove from your skin. If you keep your pores clogged with oil-based makeup, it will often create new breakouts on your face. I used this on my face and it’s good for your skin.
4. Don’t squint- Get reading glasses: Making the same expressions over and over like squinty overworks the facial muscles, forming a groove beneath the skin’s surface.
5. Don’t over-wash your face: Tap water strips skin of moisture and natural oils that protect against wrinkles. Wash your face too often and you wash away it’s protection. And unless your soap contains moisturizers, use a gel or cream facial cleanser instead.
Let the skin you deserve be healthy, bright and beautiful skin. Make the right choices today!