From rough and ready lumber town to industrial powerhouse to glittering high tech capital. Visiting Seattle will give you a ringside seat to the ongoing transformation of one of America’s most livable regional capitals into what could become a world-class force to be reckoned with. Like any major transition, it hasn’t been easy, but at least you are promised one thing: It sure as heck won’t be boring. My Weekend Getaway and a few things you have at the get in the back of your mind. Enjoy reading.
Beautiful Buildings in Seattle!
The Gum Wall!
*WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU TRAVEL TO SEATTLE*
1. DITCH THE CAR: Heard the one Seattle Traffic? Well unlike that of Lagos in Nigeria here. Don’t worry, you will see it and guess what its all true, unfortunately. The easiest way to keep from falling in love with what is otherwise a rather literally corner of the world is to attempt to navigate its often – ungodly gridlock. For maximum happiness, stay as close as you can to the things you want to see. No, seriously walking distance is ideal, if you can manage it.
2. THE FOOD IS FINE, BUT THE BEER IS FREAKING AMAZING: Especially if you are a lover of Beer, as with so many other things that matter, Seattle was way early to the craft beer game. Seattle beer rocks, there are other breweries, in fact, many of them, but for Goodness sake start there you will be glad you did.
Fine & Amazing Food!
3. SEATTLE IS CRAZY ABOUT COFFEE: Especially if you are a lover of Coffee then you should look forward to the best coffee you ever had. You will consistently drink Amazing expresso beverages, everywhere you go. Prepare to be amazed, for more of the best coffee in Seattle. Expect to spot a coffee shop on every corner. Such as Caffé Vita, Café Allegro and Caffé Ladro.
Cafe Case Study ☕️
4. THE MARKET IS SOMETHING OF A RELIC, BUT YOU WILL LOVE IT: In many ways, a stroll through Pike Place Market is a trip back in time, before the recession-era, food revolution swept the continent. That doesn’t mean that Pike Place Market isn’t still one of the best in its class (and One of Seattle’s best attractions). The first-ever Starbucks is located in the pike place market.
In front of the first-ever Starbuck store.
5. DON’T FORGET A RAINCOAT: Not screams a stranger or a tourist quite like an umbrella. And while Seattle doesn’t experience nearly as much rain as movies and television shows as they make viewers believe, it is worth packing/ bringing a raincoat. This city gets about 150 days of rain a year, with an average rainfall of 37 inches. Expect to experience some sort of drizzle although this depends on when you travel.
I forgot my coat ?
6. THE SEATTLE FREEZE IS VERY REAL: when people talk about the Seattle freeze, they are talking about the city’s less than friendly atmosphere. it is common for many Seattleites to say they will make plans and not follow through with them or ghost a neighbor who tries to take their cordial relationship to the next level. Not their fault.
Public Market Center ?
7. SUMMERS ARE RELATIVELY COOL: The pacific Ocean’s cool breeze makes for relatively low temperatures compared to other summers experienced across the country, resulting in Mild, reasonably dry weather. That said always bring a light jacket for when the sun goes down.
Thanks for reading, do drop your comment, observation, and suggestion in the comment section down below. Cheers??